I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something. – Neil Gaiman
I thought long about how to best sum up 2015. Because it has been a special year for me.
It got off to a difficult start, as I had to spend a week in hospital in January. But it was onwards and upwards from there.
For example renovating and moving into a new flat. Which means that I can teach from home now, saving me a lots of time 🙂
Then in spring, Kimba, our new dog arrived. We adopted her from a local animal shelter in April and we couldn’t imagine life without her anymore. She has won us over completely. Even though (or maybe because 😀 ) she is a very cheeky dog!
2015 has been a quiet year on my blog. Something which will change in 2016 🙂
This will be the first year I’m working with an editorial planner, to help me keep track of my blog posts. (If you’re interested, I’m using this one: EPIC BLOG: One-Year Editorial Planner)
So what can you expect from my blog in 2016?
- Lots of new worksheets / ESL crosswords to improve your English vocabulary
- Culture and traditions of the English speaking world
- Website and / or book reviews
- Learning tips
- A continuation of my series “Learn English with Youtube”
Do you want to improve your English in 2016? If so, I hope to inspire you to learn new things in 2016, be it on my blog or in one of my lessons! Happy new year! 🙂
Vocabulary list (in order of appearance):
- to get off to a difficult start: einen schwierigen Start haben
- onwards and upwards: immer erfolgreicher / besser werden
- animal shelter: Tierheim
- to win someone over: für sich gewinnen
- cheeky: frech / vorwitzig
- to keep track of: den Überblick behalten über